About this event
Introduction to Colored Pencil with Deborah Maklowski, CPSA, CXP / Date: Saturday / October 23, 2021 / Time: 11 am to 5 pm / $95.00
Join colored pencil artist Deborah Maklowski at HorseSpirit Arts Gallery in Historic Savage Mill for a full day of exploration and expression, learning about colored pencil as a fine art medium. You can try out 17 different brands/types of oil/wax-based and water-soluble pencils on a variety of surfaces, including drawing, printing, and watercolor paper, sanded pastel paper, drafting film, and suede mat board, while practicing new techniques and learning new skills. Supplies: All supplies are included.
For everyone’s safety, Teachers & Students are required to be fully vaccinated & to wear masks.
Ellicott City artist Deborah Maklowski works in a variety of genres, including impressionistic Plein air landscapes in pastel, representational drawings in colored pencil, graphite and ink, and abstracts in colored pencil and collage. Deborah studied drawings and painting with private instructors from the age of 9 through high school and continued her training in college while majoring in Art History. She maintains her professional development through workshops with nationally known instructors, networking with her fellow artists, and a focused studio and Plein air practice.
Deborah is a signature member of the Colored Pencil Society of America, currently serving on the CPSA national governing board as President. She is also a past president and signature member of the Maryland Pastel Society, a juried member of the Pastel Society of America and the Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers Society of Washington D.C., and a member of the Mid-Atlantic Plein Air Painters Association and the Cider Painters of America. Her award-winning work has been juried into numerous national and regional exhibitions and Plein air competitions and is included in private collections across the U.S.
- Call HorseSpirit Arts 301-490-2001, $95.00, no fee – credit cards accepted
- Visit HorseSpirit Arts Gallery, $95.00, no fee – cash, gift card, or credit card
- Eventbrite, $95.00, plus an EB fee of $7.42, totaling $102.42
- Tickets are not refundable, they are transferable to someone of your choosing.
- In the event this workshop is canceled you will be notified via email.
- For everyone’s safety, Teachers & Students are required to be fully vaccinated & to wear masks.
- HorseSpirit Arts Gallery is in a renovated 1822 barn and our classroom is on the 2nd floor accessible only by stairs.
- There is no elevator, but we will assist in carrying supplies.
- Please bring your lunch & a beverage, we have a bubbler where you can refill water bottles
Thank you, we look forward to seeing you!