About this event
2-Day Pastel Workshop with John Davis Held Saturday & Sunday, October 30th & 31st from 12-5 pm.
Whether you’re a beginner, or already working with pastels, John Davis Held’s workshop has something for you! Pastels with their “pop” of pure pigment, are unlike any other medium! John is known for his beautiful pastoral landscape paintings that convey a deep sense of peace and light. During his workshop, he will share his hard-won techniques, mastered after years of working in pastel, at your experience level!
For everyone’s safety, Teachers & Students are required to be fully vaccinated & to wear masks, thank you.
2-Day Pastels Workshop with John Davis Held
- Dates: Saturday, October 30th & Sunday, October 31st
- Times: 12 pm – 5 pm
- Class Size: 8 students
- Cost: $125 per student
- Material Fee: $15* payable the day of workshop in cash, please
- Location: HorseSpirit Arts Gallery, 8600 Foundry St, in the Cotton Shed Barn at Historic Savage Mill, Savage, MD 20763
Supplies: To make trying out pastels as easy as possible, without a lot of expense, John will provide pastels to use during the workshop and pastel paper for a materials fee of $15.00. No fee if you bring your own supplies*. If you have an easel or a table-easel please bring it, if you don’t – no worries. Reference photos are provided, or you can bring your own. Bring a bagged lunch and drink – you can eat during the instructor’s demo before everyone plunges into creating some exciting artwork. Bonuses: Chocolate cookies will be provided! Be forewarned the artist may demonstrate dance moves that the artist claims “help create art” while John does create great art – it may or may not be due to his dancing!
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to introduce yourself.
- Call HorseSpirit Arts 301-490-2001, $125.00, no fee – credit cards accepted
- Visit HorseSpirit Arts Gallery, $125.00, no fee – pay w/cash, gift card, or credit card
- Eventbrite, $125.00, plus a $9.14 EB fee totaling $134.14
- Tickets are not refundable, they are transferable to someone of your choosing.
- In the event this workshop is canceled you will be notified via email.
- For everyone’s safety, Teachers & Students are required to be fully vaccinated & to wear masks.
- HorseSpirit Arts Gallery is in a renovated 1822 barn and our classroom is on the 2nd floor accessible only by stairs.
- There is no elevator, but we will assist in carrying supplies.
- Please bring your $15. cash material fee, supplies, lunch or snack & drink.
- Bring your lunch & a beverage, we have a bubbler where you can refill water bottles
Thank you, we look forward to seeing you!