Dee Gray invites you to journey into the art of self-expression. The most important relationship you will ever have is the one with yourself. This self-reflective journal will provide a place to record your thoughts and inspiration through words and art with color and imagery that appeals to you.
As Dee guides you page by page with inspiring prompts, you will create your own personalized journal by combining hand sewing, fabric, image transfers, paint, stamping and embellishments to serve as your guide to living a more authentic life. She will provide image reference, transfers, page layouts, templates as well as other lovelies to assist you with creating your individual touch.
This journal is intended for those who want to foster deep reflection as well as for those who simply want to take better care of themselves. Having filled the journal with positive thoughts and nurturing imagery, you will end up with a personal trove of wonderful reflections, which can be a valuable source of inspiration at any time.
Page themes will include Self-Love, Dreams & Desires, Nurture Garden/Growth, Creativity (your style), Wisdom, and Gratitude. You may need to complete some pages or final touches on your own time.
No sewing experience required. Dee will provide fabric journals, image transfers, fabrics and share a variety of embellishments listed below.
Please bring the following items to this workshop:
• A Variety of Paintbrushes, Stencil brush (3/4” or 1” round)
• Acrylic Paint Pen- Water based BLACK “Ultra Fine Point”
• StazOn Permanent Black Ink Pad
• Sewing and Embroidery Needles
• Fabric & Paper Scissors
• Paper Towels and Water Jar
• Create and bring a written list of your favorite empowering words, affirmations, dreams and/or intentions.
Optional–You may bring any of the following of your own:
Alphabet and word rubber or cling stamps, scrap fabrics, threads, needle threader, ribbons, embellishments (small charms, keys, tassel, etc), background and word stencils, any of your favorite acrylic paint colors. Dee will share her stash of all listed.
Dee will supply:
• 16-page Canvas Journal (6.5×7”) with exposed sewn edges tied together with sewn on cord
• Thoughtfully Curated Image, Word and Quote Transfers
• Iron-on Adhesive, Silicone Release Paper
• Precut Fabric Heart with Cotton Batting
• Threads, Embroidery Floss
• Awareness Prompts
• Paints, Gesso and Painter’s Tape
• Stencils, Rubber Stamps
• Variety of Fabrics, Ribbons, Lace, Snippets and other Embellishments
• Velvet Leaves and Vintage Flower Applique
• Muslin Pocket
• Iron and Ironing Boar
Register prior to February 28, 2023 and you may snail mail (or email a digital jpg) a MEANINGFUL photo for Dee to scan and/or print onto fabric for you to include in your book. Limit one photo per student. All imagery must arrive by March 4th. Dee’s contact information will be given to you after registration.